2018-19 Student Handbook
Saint Saviour students are young women who come from public, private and Catholic schools. They are smart, independent, and enjoy learning at all levels.
At Saint Saviour, our young women are examples of the power of an all-girls education:
- Valedictorian Teresa '18 is the first Saviourite to be directly accepted into the US Naval Academy and received special recognition at the Graduation where an officer from the US Navy formally presented Teresa with her appointment to the Naval Academy.
- Thanks in large part to nominations from our Saviour community, St. Saviour High School was selected as a school of excellence and received a 2017 Blackboard Award on December 4 from New York Family Magazine.
- Saint Saviour took 1st place honors for high schools in the NYC St. Patrick's Parade.
- St. Saviour High School participated in the Congressional District 9 Art Show where Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke presented them with Congressional Certificates for their outstanding work. Kyler ‘18 and Riane ‘18, both pursuing degrees in Art, were honored along with Yoemy ’19 who won Fifth Place and was given a $200 Gift Card to Michael's Art & Craft Store. Their artwork will be on display in Congresswoman Clarke's office for the next year.
- Skyline won four awards at The Tablet newspaper awards ceremony!
- Best editorial 1st AND 2nd place - Daniella '18
- Best Personality profile - 1st Place Daniella'18 & Isabella'18
- Best editorial cartoon - 2nd place - Christina '19
- Saviourites attend the Diocese of Brooklyn's Catholic High School Leadership Day and Catholic Youth Day in Staten Island.
- The Gospel Choir sang at the Grand Army Plaza Tree Lighting.
- Members of the Shalom Club visited the Amber Court Assisted Living Facility and It's My Park Day in Prospect Park.
- Students attended the 32nd Annual High School Chemistry Day at Brooklyn College and visited the United Nations to be a part of International Day of the Girl.
- The 2017 Varsity Volleyball Team was undefeated in the regular season and won the Championship for the B Division. They were undefeated all season never losing one set, setting a new league record! They also played in the B Division City Championship game (placing 2nd out of 17 teams in NYC).
- Janina '18 made the 2018 NYC Mayor's Cup All-Star Softball Team.
- Lauren '18 made the New York State Sportswriters Association All-State Basketball Team for the B Division.
- Aisha ‘20 was awarded the 2017-18 John Moran Sportsmanship Award for the 2017-18 Basketball season.
- Basketball players Leisha ‘20, Brianna ‘19, Shannon ‘19, and Lauren ‘18 made the 2018 Tablet's All-Star Team for the B Division.
- The Varsity Basketball Team won the B Division League Championship by defeating St. Agnes 26-16 to capture the title.
- The Cheerleading Team placed 3rd in the CHSAA State Championships.
- The 2017 JV Volleyball Team earned 2nd place in the B Division.
- The Boosters placed 2nd in the GCHSAA Step Competition.
- Congratulations to Roisin ‘21 who placed 1st in the 200 freestyle and 2nd in the 100 butterfly and Samantha ‘19, Kitty ‘21, and Amanda ‘19 who placed 3rd overall in the 400 free relay at the Swim B Championships.
- The 2016-17 Cheerleading Squad took 3rd place in the GCHSAA Competition.
- The 2016 Varsity Volleyball Team played in the City Championship for the B Division.
- The 2016 Varsity Softball team won the BK-Queens A Division Championship and the A Division City Championship.
- The Gaelic Society won "Best School Unit" at the 2016 Brooklyn Irish-American Parade.
- Madeleine '16 is attending the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD.
- Victoria '16 earned two scholarships through the ACE Mentorship Program and is attending George Washington University, studying Systems Engineering.
- Taylor '16 attended the NeXt Doc film festival for future film makers and is attending NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, studying film.
- Yao '16 and her research partner presented their research project in the prestigious Science Research Mentoring Program at the American Museum of Natural History as part of the 3rd Annual Student Research Colloquim.
- Lauren '17 scored her 1,000th Varsity Basketball career point on 2/5/16.
- Jamie '17 participated in the ACE Mentorship Program, building a mock model of a Coney Island train station and block.